Preparing for the SOLAS Guidelines - Verified Gross Mass
From July 1st, 2016 the amended SOLAS Guidelines will enter into force. Samskip explains how to meet the new requirements regarding the verification of the gross mass of packed containers.
Please click on one of below links for further information:
- Brief explanation of the SOLAS Guidelines
- Infographic - The Verified Gross Mass (VGM) explained
- Infographic - The Samskip VGM Process
- Infographic - The Samskip VGM Process for Shippers Owned Equipment
- Client Manual - The Samskip VGM Confirmation & VGM Portal
- Brochure - Frequently Asked Questions
- Interview - Q&A: Container weight principles and principals
- Overview - Local Regulations (continuously updated)
- Request Samskip Container Weight
For background information, please refer to the IMO website, the SOLAS official guidelines or The Maritime Safety Committee Implementation Guidelines.
For any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.