Samskip’s rail services offers our customers the possibility to access Samskip’s extensive rail network into Scandinavia, West- and Southern-Europe. With our rail services we strive to contribute in making the transport our customers’ goods more sustainable and environmental-friendly in order to reduce carbon emissions.
Our daily rail departures to Sweden and Southern-Europe are key to Samskip’s Pan-European transport network. With many years’ experience in intermodal transport we have built up valuable experience, knowledge, strong local presence as well as an extensive customer base.
Besides door-to-door services, we also oﬀer terminal-to-terminal services where our terminals serve as hubs for third-parties’ own delivery and collection. With our intermodal rail service, Samskip offers our customers a reliable and frequent service with dedicated capacity and fast transit times.
Unique advantages rail services
- Connections to an extensive multimodal rail network in Europe
- Offering a sustainable and environmentally friendly transport solution with a significant reduction of CO2-emissions
- Wide range of Intermodal equipment available (Mega)trailers, 20-45ft containers, reefers, flat racks, curtainsiders, swapbodies.
- Scheduled integrity of our rail shuttles
- Experienced in a wide range of commodities and project cargo
- Dedicated team of professionals specialized in intermodal transport
- Local points of contact with extensive knowledge about intermodal transport
- Company owned rail terminal in the German Ruhr-area
- Equipment available on all terminals we serve
- Own trucking capacity available for large volumes within short time frame Just-in-time pick-up and delivery
- Urgent loads can be prioritized
Samskip Multimodal Rail Terminal
- Dedicated rail terminal, fully operated by Samskip
- 8 rail tracks of 720 meters each
- Own shunting locomotive
- 2 Mobile cranes
- Trailer slots and container slots available
- Maintenance facilities
- High tech CCTV security system
- OCR Scanning
- 24/7 security
- Terminal and sales office at terminal
Up-to-date schedules and terminal information can be found on the Samskip Rail Portal: http://portal.samskipvandieren.com