Through our fully integrated European reefer system, Samskip delivers temperature-controlled cargo, most importantly seafood, from shipper to client with one control tower to oversee the entire cold chain.
With a large fleet of 40ft high cube and 45ft pallet-wide reefers, we are able to safely transport all temperature sensitive or perishable products within the the range from -30°C to +30°C; e.g., fruit and vegetables, dairy products, meat, fish, flowers, plants, frozen foods, sweets, wine and pharmaceuticals.
Real-time track and trace management software is used to monitor and control the sensor-connected 45ft refrigerated container units whether they are awaiting pick-up or delivery or moving anywhere in our logistics chain. Pre-trip inspections are straightforward and speedy, with the potential for human error minimized. Meanwhile, automated alarms warn of any potential risk of cargo damage ahead of time.
- Access to extensive pan-European multimodal network
- Team of specialists
- In-house equipment specialist
- Dedicated contact person per industry & per geographical area
- Local support at client’s request; i.e. communication with local DC’s for collection or delivery
- Quality of equipment
- Thermo King cooling systems
- Emerson real-time temperature & location tracking
- Fleet size
- Large fleet of 600+ x 45ft reefers for all modalities;
- Extra wide reefers for fruit transport;
- The lightest reefers available maintain a capacity similar to that of standard reefer trailers.
- Temperature control
- Temperature range between -30°C and +30°C
- Plug-in on terminals & vessels & barges
- Gensets for trucking
- Stand chassis possible
- Reliable and competitive transit times
- Sustainable transport – lower CO2 emissions
- Real-time position tracking and temperature monitoring
- Less vulnerable to driving hour restrictions, traffic jams and Maut taxes