Samskip has a long history of serving Norway and has built up valuable experience, strong local presence as well as an extensive customer base. Frequent containerized multimodal services connect Norway with the rest of Europe.
Norway Division Snapshot
- Head office in Lysaker, just outside Oslo
- Branch offices and/or representation along the Norwegian coast, from Fredrikstad to Kirkenes
- International reefer/seafood chartering, forwarding and coldstore services
- Sideport reefer vessels connecting north & west Norway to Holland, Germany and the Baltic states
- Several geared and gearless container vessels connecting all major Oslofjord and Westcoast ports with the north-west continent
- 2 x LNG powered multipurpose vessels connecting the west and north coast of Norway with the north-west continent
- Norway domestic distribution services, through subsidiary Nor Lines Norway AS
- Liner service in Northern Europe
- The Coastal Express between Bergen/Kirkenes
- Industry / project to private ports
- Base/base offshore
- Reefer import / export worldwide
Road / Rail
- Liner service in South Norway and to/from North Norway
- Combination with the Coastal Express
- International solutions
- Temperature controlled transport
Samskip Norway have been present in the Norwegian market since 1995, with main office in Oslo and branches in Tananger and Ålesund. Through the acquisitions of ECL in 2016 and Nor Lines in 2017, Samskip has grown to become a market leader in the fields of multimodal transportation throughout Norway.
The Largest European Network
High frequency services connect destinations across Europe, the Baltic States, Russia and Central Asia, both door-to-door and quay-to-quay, through combined transport using a wide range of vessels, trucks, trains and containers.
The Best Connections To The North
50+ offices, terminals and warehouses across Norway. Samskip Norway organization consists of more than 200 experienced workers in all fields ranging from terminal handlings to business controllers.