Customer Update – Traffic ban in Italy 2023 (August Schedule)
Dear valued customer,
In case you are not aware, we would like to remind you of the government issued traffic ban situation currently issued in Italy.
Decree No. 18739 of December 6, 2023
(Object and scope)
1. This decree pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1 of decree no. 285 of 30 April 1992 of the new Highway Code (hereafter STVO), regulates the driving bans for heavy goods vehicles with a maximum authorized mass exceeding 7.5 tonnes on trunk roads on holidays and other days of the year 2023 particularly critical for road traffic, as indicated in article 2.
2. The calendar of driving bans mentioned in Article 2 applies to heavy goods vehicles in line with Art. 54 of the HC., and to agricultural machinery mentioned in Art. 57 of the HC.
3. The calendar of driving bans mentioned in Article 2 also applies to special vehicles in exceptional conditions, even if they are not used for the transportation of goods and even if they have received permission referred to in paragraph 6 of Article 10 of the HC.
4. The postponements referred to in Articles 3, 4 5 and 13 apply on condition that the arrival from abroad or in the port occurs on the day of the prohibition.
5. The concessions referred to in Articles 3, 4, 5 and 6, as well as the exemptions referred to in Articles 7 and 8, also apply to special vehicles and deliveries in exceptional conditions, except for other provisions that may be imposed in the permissions issued according to Article 10, paragraph 6, of the HC.
6. The calendar of driving bans mentioned in Article 2 also applies to tractor units traveling without a trailer, for which the reference mass is the tare weight or the net weight less the maximum king pin weight rating.
7. This decree, along with the conditions referred to in Article 12, governs the transportation of dangerous goods even for mass limits lower than the 7.5-tonne threshold referred to in paragraph 1.
(Calendar of driving bans)
Because of the traffic ban and respective time, we can understand that you might need to make adjustments to your planning. For your convenience, we would like to share the travel ban calendar schedule for the month of August.
As always, we will continue to support our customers and ensure little to no disruption to our services.
For more information, please contact your local Customer Service agent.